View Single Post
Old 19 July 2021, 11:23 AM   #12
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJo78 View Post
Thank you all so much for your replies and thoughts! So happy to know that she's authentic!

To be honest with you all, I'm not sure if I'll take on the project of a full restoration. I'll take it to the watchmaker tomorrow and see what estimate he'll give in regards to a "service/overhaul". Hoping just to get the piece up and running correctly at the very least.

From what you all can see, what really needs to be done/replaced/restored? Maybe I can start a list and check off one at a time as per you alls suggestions.

Again, thank you all for your help!
The case is damaged from someone trying to pry open the case back. Im sure there is no more water resistance. you will need to have case restoration done.
We still havent seen the inside so we have no idea the condition of the movement. It may be a rusted hunk of junk. The dial is badly repainted so a restoration of the dial is in order. Things will add up real quick but a $4000 total restoration will give you a $10,000+ watch

I would start with stabilizing the dial since there are bits floating around and getting the movement serviced, everything else is cosmetic.