View Single Post
Old 25 July 2021, 06:34 PM   #1
fdmdb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Unknown 70s GP
Advice on Rolex Bubbleback 3372

Dear all,

I am new around here and this is my first post.
I am a 28yo guy very interested in antique & vintage stuff in general and got hooked on the bubblebacks. My close friends & family do not have this passion so I am coming here seeking some guidance and opinions :)

In the hunt of my very first vintage watch, I came by a 3372 from 1945 in a professional vintage watch store. Please see pictures enclosed. It has this champagne dial and a combination of pink gold and steel which the seller tells me is quite rare.

It comes with a 1 year guarantee, and the seller ensures me the dial, hands, parts, crown etc are 100% authentic and original. Price is negotiated to 3500euros.

However after the few research I made, I realized one can never be too careful when it comes to authenticity of a vintage watch.

Two things are in my mind at the moment:
- the absence of "Swiss" or "Swiss made" mentions. When it comes to this, I see a lot of conflicting opinions. Some are saying that it automatically means redial when some others point out original Rolex of this era do sometimes come without the mark.

- the hands: minute hand seems to extend a tiny bit farther than the tracking line. Besides, it seems the luminous material is gone.

Anything else that I might have missed? I am looking forward to your opinions on this watch! (and by asking, I mean of course no offense to the seller.)

Thanks in advance!
fdmdb is offline   Reply With Quote