View Single Post
Old 26 July 2021, 08:35 PM   #1636
Chinballs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
Sounds similar to other regions. The "wishlist" is similar to the Rolex set up in that it is free to register interest in a watch. At some point in the future you might get the call to place a deposit (mine was 50% and I was told non refundable). Once you have paid a deposit you have a definite allocation and will be given a time frame for delivery. I was told 10-12 months but it was much much quicker for me in reality.

This is a better set up than other brands IMHO as true capital light flippers are weeded out via the 50% deposit they hold for up to a year.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Thanks mate. That sounds like a pretty good system. I don't mind waiting 12 months and the fact you're gauranteed an allocation and given a delivery timeframe once you've paid a depsoit gives a lot more certainty than the Rolex AD games. I was a bit worried the wishlist was just a polite go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobHK View Post
Interesting to hear that the black dial is sold out as well. I think that for other regions you can for sure still place a deposit for a black dial. Like has been posted here and elsewhere some locations even had a black dial available for walk in pickup (although that seems unusual).

I talked to an Auth Dealer here in Hong Kong the other week, they had no allocations at all, for blacks, but they expected to get new allocations within 6 months. And then expected waiting times for delivery of 12 months. But in boutique the black has still been available. Difference being Boutique gave no discount and AD said can give 5-10% discount depending on popularity at the time. Perhaps in Australia you got the AD answer?
My local VC AD says they can order black dial three handers but he wants 100% deposit and only gave a ballpark figure of around a year. No way I'd get a discount, even on the silver dial. Normally he's pretty good but he was nowhere near as confident as he normally is in regards to the timeframe which put me off. He has a black dial dual time in the case and I've tried it on but I have no need for the complication and it's about $AU6000 more expensive than the three hander.

That's why I rang VC direct to get a definite answer about local availability. They took my details for the wishlist and said they pass them on to the VC boutique (only one here) who will be in touch when they become available again.
Chinballs is offline   Reply With Quote