View Single Post
Old 27 July 2021, 01:58 AM   #36
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by got369 View Post
It’s called taking care of your stuff…some people abuse stuff, and some don’t. It’s like driving a corvette on the same terrain as you would jeep wrangler….
Sure there is abuse and there is honest use.

We all do it to some extent, usually when new - but once I started wearing the watch and it not wearing me - my enjoyment and appreciation of it grew tremendously.

From engine bay, to beach, to office, to bath-time for the kids, to the pool, etc... then you have lived with the watch (whatever brand) and it is truly your companion in life. This is why folks really love their "beater" watch - whatever it may be, it's usually what you have on when doing fun things.

For example, my 16610, I feel it looks better today than when it was all mint. Trust me I take care of my stuff and a huge believer in preventive maintenance - hell PM is what puts food on my table and a roof over our heads.

That said honest wear is a beautiful thing. Some of us are more active than others. Some of us want a Rolex for various reasons. Some see them as simply a watch, others as status symbol, but I see them for their origins - tool watches that can truly go further than their owners.

Still of the camp that if I could get a sterile dial sub - I'd be all over it. I could care less if it said Rolex or not - they created and built a spec of watch that I want.

ETA: Hunting for a new 124060 to "live in"
Finslayer83 is offline   Reply With Quote