View Single Post
Old 28 July 2021, 06:05 AM   #20
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukebennett21 View Post
Does anyone know why these have spiked over the last few months? Went from 16k to 20k pretty quickly. Also…. Congrats!!
I hate talking about the vulgarity of money and watches but it is worth noting: The first generation only dipped into that low of a price point years back when the Rolex market wasn’t super crazy. The second generation with the updated dial and hands never went below its $18k+ msrp. Now we are into $22-23k for the second generation NIB and the first gen is following just under it. When/if this watch gets discovered more or god forbid discontinued, prices will double over night. Like the LVc, Daytona, etc.. there were a time when they were not discovered and priced low. The YMII is a halo Rolex watch with low production numbers so expect prices to go nuclear if it gets more mainstream but traditionally, Rolex priced its YMII msrp high to begin with so it kept it above the average Rolex buyer and mainstream models. It’s a different Rolex market and now and $20k+ models are being considered more so it could be the next perfect storm. That’s why I got off the fence lusting after this model the last 5 or so years. The Rolex market isn’t getting better. I have been following our forums trusted sellers and their very low YMII inventory and every time they get one in, it sells out quick. Coincidently, every time they get one, they also also raise the price incrementally and it’s still sells just as quick. I am very price conservative but the YMII “feel’s like a $25k watch on the wrist. One of the few I actually feel is still a Rolex bargain for what you get.