View Single Post
Old 30 July 2021, 01:44 PM   #21
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
I think that one of the many articles of police officers showing exceptional bravery, dedication and compassion would have proved the point much better.

Definitely agree - I don’t see the sense of using that article here to laud the great majority of LEOs.

So I’ll give a positive one that happened 8 days ago with my next door neighbor.

I’m out for a walk, I see his herby curby standing halfway down his driveway the night before our pickup day. Didn’t see him.

I walk up the lane to the neighborhood entrance less than half a mile away. Turn around to head homeward and hear sirens - one, then two cars headed down our lane.

I look ahead and see the lead LEO leap from his car in full sprint and drop to the ground and start chest compressions. Then Paramedics arrived and took over.

Yep, my neighbor. He’d apparently come back to the herby curby, pushed it a few feet, dropped DRT and his wife called 911.

All in the space of 5 minutes…got his heart going again but alas didn’t make it through the night in ICU. Very sad but not for want of trying.

YOU LEOs,
Yes, YOU! -
You rock and you save lives each and every day 365x24 (some years 366x24).

Thanks for the protect & serve role you play in our lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote