View Single Post
Old 3 August 2021, 01:20 PM   #1982
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
it's hard to be positive 24/7 when you have post race emotions. very easy to say the wrong things and i never understood why he's held to such a huge standard compared to other drivers. vettel is a huge cry baby, alonso speaks his mind all the time, kimi...well we all know how he is lol. then you can look at max and he's possibly the biggest whiner on the grid right now but that's also partly due to his age and also part of horner doing the same so it's basically acceptable culture at red bull. this is what happens when you're pushing to win at all costs and you get mics shoved in your face minutes after losing races which is typically the only time lewis has some questionable things slip out

who was the last champion who said all the right things? even rosberg had a bunch of very questionable moments. then you can look at the greats like senna and prost and they also whined a lot when things went wrong. the only people that don't say controversial things to media or about other drivers are the people in the middle or back of the grid who can't afford to say anything bad
I know right. It's like we expect these guys to be calm and rational when driving 150mph when the smallest mistake could potentially kill them or cause serious injury. I would be pretty wound up too in those situations and I'm a pretty chill guy. Emotions run high in the heat of the moment and after. I wouldn't expect these guys to calm down that fast after an incident or race is completed.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote