View Single Post
Old 4 August 2021, 10:18 PM   #106
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontknow View Post
Sorry to hear they didn’t work out for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
You don't sound too disheartened Dan, which is great, and a credit to you.
What's your next move, did 'they' offer any further treatment or advice?

Ps.
Any time you fancy a game of Snooker, Dan, just give me a call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Man, so sorry Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Mickol View Post
Damn, sorry Dan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
Sorry it didn’t work out for you as hoped for Dan.
Gotta love your outlook and attitude though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Sorry to hear the news, remain positive. I’m sure you already know but continue to appreciate everything else you have going for you.
One door may close but another opens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -dustin View Post
Same. I’ve never come across anyone similar. How odd. I don’t get it. I can see green grass, Packers green, lime green…my name over there <—— is definitely green. But traffic lights are white. Always have been. I’m 39. I was 37 when I learned that other people saw them as green. I was so confused. They’re white. Like, white white. No hint of green.

As a little kid, I have a very vivid memory of coloring ‘myself’ on a paper plate to be hung in class. Teacher asked if I was feeling sick. I said no, and was really confused. Apparently I had colored myself a lovely shade of green, rather than light brown.

Curious - can you see Tiffany blue? That’s another that I can’t see. I can see the Tiff OP dial, but pull out a Tiffany box and I’ll think it’s grey.

I’m big fan of rich, deep purples. Unfortunately, “….is this navy or purple?”

Sorry the Enchromas didn’t work. I was hoping to try them eventually, but now…probably not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchtabs View Post
Dan, I’m sorry it didn’t work for you friend… but… think of it this way… you have the perfect cover for buying many watches! If the wife ever complains, you just “babe, I can’t even see the colors” with puppy eyes…

I predict you’d be able to get every single grail you could ever want!!

Jokes aside, wish these glasses could have worked for you, but whether you can see all colors or not, you are alive and know friendship and love. That is something to be most grateful of.

Keep on keeping on Dan… the world is for your taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I wanted to add to my post above, as this thread stayed in my thoughts. I'm sure you've done thorough research on choosing the doctors or who ever made these glasses and now they didn't work out. Not sure if someone's mentioned it as I haven't read every post.

One thing I've learned from being in medicine is that when it comes to life, limb or eyesight(literally you), if haven't done so, get a second opinion if possible.
I recently started needing glasses, what a hassle it's been to find the right progressive lens. Long story short, after buying three different glasses from different reputable sources, I got a lead from my optometrist as I gave up and considered contacts which proved even more of a hassle. The lead paid off and I finally found the ideal lens set up and type for my needs.

Anyhow, stay positive and consider a second opinion, even Europe, sometimes they're a step ahead in certain circumstances. Good luck brother.
Appreciate everyone's insights & concerns.

Enchroma suggests giving the glasses up to 10 hours of use for at least one to two weeks. I've been wearing them more than a couple hours a day at this point. Haven't noticed any difference since day one. I'll contact the company to let them know my reaction and will certainly converse with them to find a possible solution. It's doubtful at this point since they only have 2 versions out now, the stronger version was suggested for me. Hopefully Enchroma will continue the research to resolve the issue for the remaining 25% like me.

I've seen "discount" companies out there. But Enchroma was the company that discovered these glasses could help some suffering from colorblindness in the first place and spent a decade working on it. I would consider them at the forefront of the science.

Like -dustin, the famous Tiffany box looks gray to me as well. Just yesterday my wife pointed out some light blue threads in one of my gray suits that I had no idea even existed. She said that's why she always preferred a certain tie to match, since it also had light blue, which I couldn't see either.

In most cases my color issues are minor and many times downright humorous. But occasionally it can be very frustrating and sometimes serious. I'll keep my [colorblind] eyes open for any new technology and hope for the best.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote