View Single Post
Old 4 August 2021, 11:47 PM   #94
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Interesting. Is that because vaccinated people are less likely to contract it, or because even if they do they are less contagious? Or maybe both?

At this point if you are an adult who chooses not to be vaccinated, that's on you. I hope everyone gets vaccinated but at this point I'm looking our for me and my loved ones. Every adult has had the ability to be vaccinated by now. I have friends and relatives who won't do it and all I can say to them is "good luck!"
No expert here Mike, I can only give you my beliefs.

I believe being vaccinated reduces the virus transmission by reducing the pool of people who become infected and reducing virus levels in those who get infected.

I fully understand that being vaccinated doesn’t guarantee you won’t catch covid but it reduces the risk. From what I understand, if you still do catch the virus after being vaccinated, the effects are much less likely to require hospitalization, and thereby also helps others in need of urgent care.

So by “doing it for someone else” I think of those folks who are more defenseless to the virus. Of course I have my own selfish reasons as stated in my earlier post. A nephew with downs, parents living in a home, a daughter with asthma.

Another interesting link that resonates with me.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ugh-cases.html