View Single Post
Old 9 August 2021, 09:45 PM   #59
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Many watch prices fluctuate during the course of the year. The pricing on the SS Daytona-C will move in both directions 5-10% but the march up has been consistent. I have been reading Daytona-C reports like this since the Grey prices were in the upper teens. There maybe 600 on Chrono24 but only 152 in the US as of this morning and I would wager that at least a third of the listing are from sources that do not have the watch. Which makes the numbers a little different. Always the same rhetoric, over priced, not worth it, better watches available from Omega/Zenith, etc. Yet it still moves up. In a conversation with a major Grey Dealer he told me that prices start to surge in late fall and go all the way through the holidays. After the holidays there is a pause until spring and off to races again. New releases also push other models up as there is more interest. In speaking with a different knowledgeable collector and seller he thinks that the Daytona has room for growth and will top just shy of 50k for a NIB model with the white dial this year. Who knows? It appears that very few things ever get cheaper and until the availability situation with Rolex and the AD's is rectified there will be a significant Grey Market at high prices.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote