View Single Post
Old 10 August 2021, 12:00 AM   #27
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
You are right, the guy dropping that kind of money for a gold Panerai probably doesn't care too much about the movement or the dubious history of the brand. However, the guy on a limited budget looking to get the best value for his hard earned money will most likely turn his back and look somewhere else, or at the very least will not be willing to pay the retail price for a product that is not as valuable (horology wise) as advertised.

Panerai really needs to clean up their act when it comes to movement designation, 'in-house' doesn't mean you can go to another brand in the Richemont group to get your movement and make it your own as far as I'm concerned. I don't really mind the bit where they outsource their parts to a third party, just don't make it look like everything is manufactured in your heardquarters like in the WatchAdviser video. Almost all watch brands are guilty of doing that to some extent, even Rolex outsource their hands and their stainless steel case and bracelets outside the company despite claiming that they have their own foundry.
The misrepresentation is a big issue. It is unethical and I am glad that they got called out for it. But it also goes to show what a sham the entire industry is when the journalists dont even have the balls/integrity to call them out on it, they're all sycophants. My Clymer afraid that they will yank his AD status? No more collabs with "rake" or "revolution" for Wei Koh?.