View Single Post
Old 10 August 2021, 01:05 AM   #28
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker View Post
I complete agree with you on all these points, the passion is gone. IMO it is absolutely INSANE to see a 5711 at $110,000 and a 5270 at $123,000 - it a sign of the complete brainlessness penetrating the industry.......it's literally like a Mercedes c-class being sold at a premium close to the list price of an S63AMG (oddly enough this analogy is complementary). All logic completely out of the window. I have passed up several times over the AP diver, because they were couldn't align the hour makers, or there were several case of the markers literally falling off, the AP logo becoming unhinged. A good friend of mine had the dual time, and it was a complete lemon. After 2 years of going back and forth with AP, they finally changed the whole movement and it was still a complete POS. Even on the Jumbo, you needed a PhD to set the date, it was insane. Has anyone seen the resale on any of the forged carbon cases? You would even pick it off the floor for free if it was chucked at your head. Patek - all I ever remember about the nautilus is that it was always ugly and Hublot came and filled the void when patek couldn't - literally NO ONE was talking about the Nautilus before 2017 (I am a big fan of the 5712 and Aquanaut). The whole market has pretty much lost the plot. It is no longer enthusiast that are driving the market, the respect for the craft. It is social media and in the influencers. Long term, i think it's brillant, because it makes the application pieces better value. Patek World timer should be 250,000 - 300,000 - 400,000k ....its been sitting around 100k-110k mark for years. cant wait for the day i can pick one up.
Thank you, you said it better than me. I had the same thought process when I wanted an AP Diver back in 2015 when you could find it for $12k, thought it was picky members until I handled one in the NY boutique, the hands were super wobbly and I just couldn’t commit. I asked myself, how can anyone own this.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote