View Single Post
Old 10 August 2021, 05:36 AM   #9
eonflux
"TRF" Member

The P.9010 saga leaves a bitter taste.

When I searched for a 682, I think it was after Panerai switched to the solid back, but I only wanted the display back version to see the P.9010, and fortunately was able to locate one at an AD across the country.

Thought it was odd that Panerai so quickly switched to a solid back for the 682, then again quickly replaced the 682 with the 973 with the P.900 movement.
Using "P" for the 973 movement is not surprisingly confusing, and probably deliberately so by Panerai, which is off-putting.

At current Sub prices, for such a simple movement, would want a fully inhouse movement, and with a display back.

Previously had a 275, and loved the feature set (chrono, GMT, zero reset, 8 day reserve, PR indicator), and the P.2004 movement is still unique in the watch world?
Hence got a 317.

I don't have an issue with the P.2004 being developed/manufactured by ValFleurier, especially if exclusively used by and developed in conjunction with Panerai.

AP forged carbon was mentioned earlier.
The FC held up fine on my previous 44mm ROO.
But I eventually grew to dislike the modular movement, and the case was really a bit too large for me.

eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote