View Single Post
Old 10 August 2021, 12:49 PM   #1
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
I think this is the real issue, by no means do I think Panerai is a trash brand. I recently bought a 1305 and I'm absolutely smitten by it. It runs fast but consistently so and I prefer a fast watch versus a slow watch, which has been a huge pita with my recent Rolex purchases and their true in-house 3235.

I think Mystro addressed Panerai quality which isn't really what the issue is centered on. The article in question really focuses on movements, specifically their identity and the misrepresentation of these movements and their origins.
Panerai is releasing new watches and hailing them as revolutionary with in-house movements and at very premium price points.
I think it's big news that there is a base ETA movement in a watch at this price point and how it's marketed. I don't expect Panerai to say, here's a new watch with a base ETA and we're charging you $40k for it, but they can structure their wording, description and marketing a bit more transparent and let buyers decide. I suppose we're asking for too much thinking a lux brand will be honest.

I don't disagree with your points Mystro, but I don't think you addressed the blatant misrepresentation Panerai is doing.

I'm not sure what he's on about either. Rolex outsources a few things but it's things like some dials, hands and hour markers, gaskets, spring bars, crystals, some movement screws and crowns. The big ticket items, for example the movements, cases, bracelets or clasps are in-house.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote