View Single Post
Old 13 August 2021, 12:20 AM   #27
ortiz317
"TRF" Member

Great thanks to the moderator for allowing me to post. I use Tapatalk and little did I realize that I was not subscribed to TRF. I will have to change my username to the one I use on all the watch forums (dsbe90) but for now I want to tell you the rest of my story.

I went back to the store with my wife on Sunday and showed her the watches I was considering. I made the case as for why I should get the Tudor based simply on resale. Once she saw the CFB Manero Flyback, she was smitten. I understand why she feels that way; it’s handsome and it’s got presence. I went ahead and bought it.

I love wearing it on my wrist. It’s really nice to look at. While I’m driving, you can see the contrast between the concentric circles on the dial and I love how the polished skeleton dauphine hands reflect light and stand out against the silver dial. I think that’s what I like most, the finishing is better than anything else I’ve owned. I also like the size of the watch on my wrist. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had several sub 40mm watches but the ones I like, I like them because they look nice on my wrist. Despite being 43mm, it wears well and looks nice. The minute circles on the dial and the polished and cantilevered bezel helps make the dial look appropriate and not like I’m wearing a platter on my wrist [emoji23]

I have woken up a couple of times in the last week and said to myself maybe I should have bought a Breitling or a preowned IWC. But that all comes down to branding, marketing, and doing it for others to see. I usually calm down when I look up Carl F. Bucherer and see their tourbillion, their minute repeaters and other novelties. It makes me feel like I can say to myself, this is a legitimate independent Swiss manufacturer that makes some respected haute horological pieces. I guess it’s a halo effect.

I also like the fact that it’s not conspicuous. There’s a lot of people around here that want to show off what they have. If anyone were to ask, I can tell them all about my CFB!

Upon completion of the purchase, my wife turned to me and said “Happy Anniversary”. We’re celebrating 20 years in March and now I have a special momento to commemorate our time together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ortiz317 is offline   Reply With Quote