View Single Post
Old 15 August 2021, 01:29 PM   #1
shinne
"TRF" Member

First time looking into Patek, would like some advice on models.

I never though I would be in a position to get a watch cost as much most people's cars but I having been lucky with getting the hot pieces I wanted to see if I could move my way up to Patek. Story time ahead.

Right now I have all Rolex watches (Hulk,Pepsi, 116710LN) so I'm probably going have to do a cash + trade (Hulk). I was looking for a Daytona to complete my collection but I really doubt I could get one so I've been eyeing a Patek.

I went to the Patek AD (no relationship) and the sales person was kind of cold at first but he could see that I appreciate watches. I mentioned something about his vintage submariner (beautiful piece) and he started opening up a bit more. He showed me a 5524G, which I really like since I love GMT and Pilot watches. It's a bit of a reach for me but I really did like it. He showed me some other pieces which were cool but I think the 5525G was the one I loved the most.

He mentioned they had a preowned 5525G also and it was a good 7k cheaper. Also showed me some other crazy pieces (GMT Master II with Ruby and Sapphire bezel).

It was a nice experience and I told the sales person I'd have to think about it because it is a lot of money for me and he told me not to worry and to come by even if I don't plan to buy anything just to talk about watches.

So here's my dilemma. I know watches shouldn't be an investment but I got to where I am because I made smart moves, buying watches isn't any different. Are there any other models that I should be looking at that won't take such a huge hit after buying? Suggestions of models to look at would be greatly helpful.

I know this probably won't get me a Nautilus but I'd like to think it would some what help me get on a list. Would buying the preowned 5525G get me towards that or would I have to buy the new one?

Pictures of the watches I got to look at and the preowned Rolex that I though I would never see in real life.

shinne is offline   Reply With Quote