View Single Post
Old 17 August 2021, 06:51 PM   #18
nealjyu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo0o0o0n View Post
Here's my experience with my 5726A bought pre-owned just 2 months ago as well.

it was a 2014 piece and the date wheel change was way too early to be acceptable for me. day started to change at 930 -10pm, and date changed from 11-1130pm. brought it to a reputable local watch repair guy and he said the day and date wheels are probably just misaligned so i let him work on it.

after he was done, the date and day now slowly start changing from 1230am-130am. To me this was still unacceptable at first, until i gave a call to the Patek service center and confirmed that as long as the day and date changes from 11am and completes the change by 2am, it is operating within specifications.

So there u go, living with the same issue as u but since Patek says this is the way it should be, i have more assurance. my date over shoots to the next day and then snaps back as well and FWIW, ur date wheels seem centered to me when they are not changing.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear this is a normal occurrence and within Patek standards. Yes, the date initially overshoots to the left then centers itself after some time.
nealjyu is offline   Reply With Quote