View Single Post
Old 15 May 2009, 08:40 PM   #11
Singslinger
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
A couple of you have expressed interest in acquiring a BMOP Rolex and, if I could, I would like to give just a little advice.

Do not ever purchase one of these without looking at it personally first. I would never buy one over the net or eBay. You must see them to really determine whether it will be one with the effect and beauty that you want. These BMOP dials can be as different as night and day. Most of them are more feminine in nature and don't really fit on a man's watch IMO.

When I was searching for mine, I saw so many of them that were just plain unattractive. The color was bland or even milky, the depth of the pearl, (that is something that is really created by the cut and camber of the work on the dial), was non existent and most of the ones I considered were just not that great.

I must have looked at dozens of them and then finally happened onto this one in Switzerland.

My point is not all BMOP dials are the same. Far from it. Just take your time and be very discriminating in your choice and you will be happy with your choice.

Excellent advice - thanks very much! I recently examined one for the first time ever at my AD but had no idea that the color of the dial could vary. I'll certainly pay closer attention when (not if) I pull the trigger...
Singslinger is offline   Reply With Quote