View Single Post
Old 7 September 2021, 07:33 AM   #216
A_durian
"TRF" Member

I live in Japan, I ordered a Toki and still waiting to receive.

I live and work in central Tokyo so I have handled and looked closely at the JDM kuronos. The watches are available to buy in stock at Tic Tac, there really isn’t anything separating these from the international versions. And both are nothing special.

Kuronos idea of splitting the JDM brand and Kurono is an attempt to stop arbitrage. Its obvious that Chrono Tokyo just isn’t popular in Japan even at lower costs than the rest of the world. They worry that people will be able to buy from Japan easily, this would destroy the desirability of it. This brand is purely trying to capitalize on its short term popularity.

Even though JDM models being low production numbers, they still haven’t sold out. Go figure, why else do they want to void your warranty if you buy a JDM outside of Japan. They want to control the distribution channel, so that they can artificially limit supply and drive prices up. At the end of the day they, can produce enough watches, since these aren’t hand made. Yet, they pretend that physical limitations are limiting how many they can produce. While they continually release new models like Seiji? So it’s not about physical limitations, they’re trying to trying to drive hype into every new release. Why else do PR stunts, and try to make people jump through hoops to get it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 940F7D4D-8AD2-452B-8CB0-D5F349535E9B.jpeg (108.5 KB, 613 views)
File Type: jpeg 65710C33-6F2C-4FF5-A1F2-44A57BBBF476.jpeg (69.5 KB, 609 views)
File Type: jpeg 663003EB-3394-4FCD-A4F0-E0D431ADE5BB.jpeg (68.9 KB, 610 views)
A_durian is offline   Reply With Quote