View Single Post
Old 9 September 2021, 05:13 AM   #285
SeeDweller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 5212 (blasphemy!)
Somehow, this recurring appearance of comments regarding the concept of “flex”, has become that of a low class “showing off”. Or worse yet, showing off to people who might not be able to afford the same level of luxury (maybe that’s the lowest class activity of all...)

But, at the risk of repetition (because this has been covered many times, already), EVERYONE of us has less than some people, and more than other people!! All of us are incredibly “rich”, to some observers.

When it comes down to it, I admit fully that I enjoy showing off a new toy (bauble?) to my fellow watch-loving friends!! Whether they can “afford” a watch at the same level (or not), is never the point of the conversation - it’s all about fun! I’ve had a blast checking out Cameron Barr’s Paul Newman, and getting to take a wrist picture selfie, but I certainly don’t feel “less than”, and compare myself to his wealth or any such BS. That’s not the point of all this!!

So when we talk about “flexing”, ... if it’s between friends, then I say, “bring it on”!! Show me the coolest thing you have!

Just trying to point out that certain words are often mis-used and then take on a life of their own. (we’ve sure seen that in the political arena!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'21 116506 (Daytona, Blue dial)..|..... '22 116508 (Daytona, Green dial)
'21 126619LB (Submariner, Blue) ...|... '20 126710-BLNR (GMT-II, Batgirl)

.... and still trying to scratch that itch!.....
SeeDweller is offline   Reply With Quote