View Single Post
Old 26 September 2021, 05:44 AM   #59
ShougekiMaru
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
Boohoo, your friend can only buy 2 Rolex per year, so insulting, let's boycott Rolex over that!!

Sounds like your friend's AD is doing the right thing. I greatly appreciate and respect Rolex for cracking down and laying out policy that:
1. Helps prevent or limit flipping behavior.
2. Creates an environment where there is more equitable distribution of limited stock to their clientele.

I'm sorry to say this, but a Rolex timepiece should be special. These should have a meaning to them, marking an occasion, celebrating a milestone, lasting a lifetime, and serving as a beautiful, exceptional heirloom piece. Not something you hoard and throw dozens of them into a box that you put in a bank/safe/bunker/panic-room.

Maybe it's time to start hoarding something else.

Or, maybe your friend can move to Omega. You can add 20 of those watches to your online cart and check-out from their website, no problem.

Yeah, boohoo… truly first world problems. But the point is that the poor customer experience is affecting the brand. Btw:
Rolex watches will never be special watches: one million mass produced watches every year. I think it sucks that someone is trying to control what a person can do with his/her hard earned money. If someone is that crazy to horde watches: so what? Who are we to judge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ShougekiMaru is offline   Reply With Quote