View Single Post
Old 7 October 2021, 06:06 PM   #28
asiparks
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
To the average consumer, watches don’t matter. To the average luxury consumer, Rolex is a status symbol. To the average watch consumer, Rolex is the absolute pinnacle of watchmaking.

Who cares what the average consumer thinks?

What matters is the watch. And what one thinks and feels when wearing it.

Some get Grand Seiko. Most don’t. That’s fine. Doesn’t change anything about the watch.

As for what Seiko has tried to do with GS, GS has been on the world stage for barely a decade. With time, attitudes may change. Or they won’t. Either way, the watches are still really good.
you just saved me a lot of typing.

I don't care if anyone else thinks my Grand Seiko is a $250 Seiko. Really, what does it matter and why should I give a shi7 ? I enjoy wearing my $250 Seiko's just as much.

My bracelet has thus far failed to implode or fling my watch into traffic- it's comfortable and the clasp does what it's supposed to-
Obviously you're allowed to not like it, but it's not a "fault" or "mistake".

I'll be very happy if GS doesn't blow up and experience the same rank idiocy suffered by those simply trying to buy a Rolex for themselves.

If you think you know how better to run the company than they do, perhaps O.P. you should send them a helpful email ?

As far as QC- is that still a thing ? I've been Turtle/Samurai shopping and they all look fine these days....