View Single Post
Old 12 October 2021, 04:45 AM   #17
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveDweller View Post

The lugs are not great, and the rest of the case shows "character". Which is fine, until some hooligan watchmaker tries to polish out those dings (and they will)

Factor in 500 for a service, and you can see where we're coming from. I own two Rolex's, the one in my avatar, and an '88 16030 with a black face, my every day beater. So I tend to keep up with specific watch prices

The prices advertised are invariably a reflection of what someone will pay for it - not what the watch is actually worth

For that watch, 4k Euro is a fair price, have it serviced, and wear it - battle scars and all
Go look at other 4 and 5 digits Datejusts listed online, these lugs aren't bad at all. A lot are really thin or overpolished and they are already at the prices you mentioned. Also look at the sides, the pins aren't sticking out. I would say this is decent/good DJ. Don't forget they are 40-50 years old.

And in regards to price if I have to disagree with you. Jvmartin said it as well. 4 and 5 digit doubled in price and they are actually moving for those prices. You can go to any shop or private seller and tell them you have to be sure and you have to take into account a 500 usd/euro service but they don't care. Either you take it or leave it.

I would love to buy a 4 or 5 digit DJ, nice thick case and lugs, perfect bracelet for 4k usd or euro but I haven't found one.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote