View Single Post
Old 12 October 2021, 10:51 PM   #63
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Not to belabor the point of trying to exactly center the GS logo on the clasp on the inside of wrists ….. Is it absolutely necessary in the first place and do we know that is how it’s designed?

GS has some quirky attributes with its straps and bracelets. Their deployant clasps, for example, are mounted upside down from the factory, meaning the clasp logo is also upside down from the wearer’s perspective, and that’s the way it’s supposed to be. (I always reverse GS deployants to match what I’m accustomed to.) It’s just a quirky Japanese thing.

I’ll also point out that the Rolex crown logo is off-center by design on their clasps, as shown here on my Daytona 116500LN, which has the clasp itself perfectly centered.
Yep I agree. Essentially the Grand Seiko clasp is just the end piece of that rolex clasp. Rolex extended the clasp nearly the entire length of the blade so it looks more centered but your point about the logo section is totally correct. If they made the logo section of the GS clasp longer it would hide the off centered a little better.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote