View Single Post
Old 27 October 2021, 09:17 AM   #17
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
It is crazy. Same situation here. I bought my car a few months ago. I have a client who is the General Manager for a dealership in Nebraska and he said they are shipping cars all over the country. The dealerships here have all changed from new cars to used cars right now and they are shipping cars everywhere, as well. Many new car dealers only have a handful of new cars in their showrooms and these are not for sale. They are just so people can actually see something so it looks like a new car dealer. Anything that arrives was already sold months ago so those cars don't even hit the lot. A big Toyota dealer told me that they have completely changed over to used cars right now and they have multiple lots filled with used cars. Not a single new car on the lot.

I had dinner with a friend on Friday who does fleet sales and leasing with GE Capital for big companies that need pickup trucks, delivery vans, and work vehicles like that. He said they have a large client who needs 500 trucks (combination of Ford/Chysler/GM) and he was told by all three manufacturers that there won't be anything for model year 2022 and they cannot get their client situated with new trucks until 2023!!! So the client is trying to hobble along with what they have and are just doing maintenance. My friend and his team are working with used vendors in some cases but those are small orders.

My company was told by GM that we can not get any 4x4 GMC or Chevrolet trucks until 2023. We replace at least 30 new trucks a year. The only trucks we could get this year were two wheel drive.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote