View Single Post
Old 25 November 2021, 03:13 AM   #1
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
10 Day old Cellini going to RSC - any guidance/advice on approaching RSC?

Hey everyone -

Celebrated a professional milestone by purchasing a brand new Cellini Dual Time 10 days ago. I destickered it with the AD and everything; new style card, etc.

Last night, i was admiring it on the wrist and it was looking good and running good, then about 5 minutes later i looked again and it was 2 mins slow, but actually it had stopped (seconds hand not moving at all). weird timing on my glancing (its that pretty).

Anyway - i unscrewed it and couldnt get to the hacking position at all, and trying to wind it felt like dragging rocks, so i stopped and its sitting in the safe now.

Upset of course, but these things happen. My guess is its been sitting in the AD safe for some time now and simply the machine inside broke down. (but really with the new card cant be more than 2 yrs right?)

So off to RSC it will go. I called Lilitz PA this morning and left a msg and am waiting to hear back. I prefer NOT to go through my AD (or any AD) for service (added time and travel for me).

Any advice or tips for those who have been there before? This is the umpteenth rolex for me and the first to go in for service ever (rest are still ticking away fine). Anyone dealt with Litiz RSC directly before?