View Single Post
Old 27 November 2021, 12:30 PM   #97
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613
Red Wing Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Having quite a good number of other leather shoes and boots my Redwings are the only leather footwear where I have experienced such great pain while breaking them in. In fact I've not experienced any pain whatsoever when breaking in any other footwear I currently own. Not sure what you mean by tough but I can tell you they are not by any means the only pair of well built footwear I own either. Yes, for the price range they are good boots or shoes but far from the best that I own. In fact if I had purchased them later after owning others first there's a better than average chance I would not have purchased mine given there is no need for such a panful break-in period when it comes to a good pair of footwear of any kind. Especially since I know what I know now and the fact there are so many other better options available in that price range or very close that I am now aware of that I was not at that point in time. Because as I said there is no valid excuse I can think of for such a gainful break-in period when none of my other footwear has been anywhere close to the pain I had to go through for my two pairs of Redwing Boots.

I know this is going to sound crazy but the day you get them, wet them down and wear them. With any boot this is my way of breaking them in quick. Just don’t do it in winter.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote