View Single Post
Old 5 December 2021, 02:34 PM   #108
lanteanflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotway View Post
I have been lurking on Chrono24 and have noticed that the Octa S’ have been dwindling. Pricing is getting out of control on these now? There sure are a lot of Chronometre Bleu for sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say pricing is completely under control. The basic sports watch from the hottest brand on Earth currently trades flat to its quartz counterpart the Elegante, and is the cheapest mechanical Journe on offer by some distance. It trades at about 1.5x retail whilst most sports watches from Rolex and Patek are 3-4x retail and discontinued Journes are 6x+. And there’s only about 1000 line Sport of all variations and metals in existence.

Happy to say all this as I’ve just picked mine up now :) it hasn’t helped that the watch photographs terribly and needs to be worn to fully appreciated (a lame line too often used but think holds true for a watch whose appeal comes in large part from its lightweight and comfortable fit). In person there’s a depth and richness to the dial that makes it look more worthy than the black toy swatch it can look like in photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lanteanflux is offline   Reply With Quote