View Single Post
Old 7 December 2021, 09:27 AM   #121
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
We can't say this is a surprise really?

Would I take one, sure I'll love to own a Nautilus...

Everyone is easily able to predict what this is going to be priced at on the re-sale market... well north $1 million US. If not $ 2 million US.

It's just astronomical not only how much these would re-sale for but the thought that majority of the people that will be offered this watch would just buy it knowing that the will easily make a $1 million off it.

Definition of the rich getting richer. Patek should just action each one of these off and have the proceeds (minus the "MSRP" of the watch) go to a charity.

I fail to see why they need to or should offer it to "VIP" clients. You want the watch enough, go pay the market value of it in the auction and the "flip" goes to a proper charity benefiting people that need it.

I find Patek knowing this fact and not creating a proper statement is more outrageous than the watch itself.

I think Tiffany does a good job in allocating watches to real collectors. Hence the dearth of desirable T-stamped watches on the aftermarket. They aren’t perfect, but on a relative basis, I think they do a solid job.

Case in point is the 5522. I haven’t really seen any Tiffany retailed (they didn’t stamp) watches hitting the aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote