View Single Post
Old 11 December 2021, 03:26 AM   #1
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

Donuts really work!

So after not having much luck getting further pieces from my AD, I was getting frustrated. The occasional “how are you doing, I am still on the lookout for X” messages we’re getting me nowhere. Occasionally dropping in wearing my BLRO to prove I had not flipped it also got me no where. They were always nice but told me long stories of how all their good clients are frustrated and they simply are getting watches very slowly.

As I read the forum, I keep hearing people mentioning bringing donuts! It sounded so ridiculous that I ignored it the first dozen times I came across it. Then last week I decided “What do I have to lose?”

I stopped in with a box of donuts and chatted a moment. I felt like they were trying not to laugh at me and I actually felt pretty embarrassed. As I was about to leave, my SA says “Hey hold on a moment. Do you still want that Daytona?” My voice cracking almost I say “Yes”. “Hold on, I’ll be right back” he says. He them emerges from the back with 2 Daytonas and says white or black? I went with black. He says “good choice”.

Two days later I decided to show up with not one but 2 boxes of donuts! Plus kolaches! After we enjoyed our breakfast, My SA says “let’s go in the other room and sit down”. He sits me down behind the screen door and says “I’ll be right back”. He returns with a tray full of watches: white gold sub, root beer, Batman, green sub, an oysterflex Daytona. I pick the white gold sub and root beer GMT.

So there you have it. The way in is donuts and kolaches.
HideMyWalletPlease is offline   Reply With Quote