View Single Post
Old 14 December 2021, 12:14 AM   #1
4BostonB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Warranty Claim w/ Modified (Brushed) Bracelet

Hi all,

Unfortunately, experiencing a weird issue with my 116710LN GMT that cropped up over the weekend. I'm not entirely sure what's wrong, but the watch won't run for more than a few minutes if it's left sitting on a table. Interestingly, if it's worn on my wrist, it'll usually last a bit longer, but inevitably I sit still for long enough and it'll stop again.

I've tried winding the crown 40-50 turns to no effect, so I imagine it's more complicated than an issue with the autowinding mechanism. I can't think of anything that would have caused this to begin happening - I wore the watch Friday, woke up on Saturday morning, and it had stopped around 7:30am.

The watch is from early 2018 and is still under warranty - my local AD advised that it would likely be sent to RSC Dallas. The only reason that I'm a bit reluctant to send it in is because in 2019, I sent the bracelet out to Rolliworks to refinish the polished center links. The watch looks awesome as is, but I'm not sure how Rolex will handle this when they receive it in its current condition. The dealer said that they might (a) not say anything and return the watch unpolished as requested, (b) restore it to original factory specifications by polishing the bracelet (and presumably the case as well), or (c) require me to purchase a new bracelet.

I plan to give call the RSC later today once they're open to confirm their official policy, but wanted to get some input on what I might expect if I sent it in. In general, I've heard pretty good things about the Dallas service center, but if they're going to give me a hard time, then I'm open to just having the watch repaired locally at my own expense.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brush2.jpg (96.0 KB, 463 views)
4BostonB is offline   Reply With Quote