View Single Post
Old 14 December 2021, 11:18 PM   #65
Lord Tomato
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
Huge thread here, not sure what I can add of value but I'll try.

The Reverso is of course the dressier of the two, you can maybe dumb it down a little bit with a different leather / suede strap, but even then it will be for smart-casual wear and nothing fully casual. So if you're after the real dedicated dress watch this is the one.

I've always loved the Reverso and it's history but every-time I try it on it doesn't really speak to me and I've never ended up buying one. I think it might have something to do with the case shape on my wrist, and I also have small flat wrists at 6.5 inches.

The DJ is the classic reference, recognizable as a Rolex from miles away. Extremely versatile like nearly all Rolex models. It can be fully casual, or worn with a suite. The 36mm fits absolutely perfect on our small wrist size. This would be my choice, and I'm actually kind of eyeing the DJ 36 as a possible purchase. I would have to go for the traditional jubilee with fluted bezel combo though, it just gives off those nostalgic vibes. I'm thinking the palm dial paired with a Hawaiian shirt on a tropical vacation.
When I say casual, it's probably more like smart-casual, as you mentioned. Formality wise, it won't be a problem if I change the straps. The thing with the Reverso is that it would work well with suits and tuxedos. I wouldn't wear the Datejust with a tuxedo. Yes, I've worn my Sub with a suit, but wouldn't wear it either with a tux. Dressing well is also an interest of mine, so there are some rules I don't break.

I've heard that JLC charges an extreme amount when it's time for servicing? I haven't serviced my Sub yet, so I don't know what servicing fees should cost.

Does anyone here wear their 36mm DJ with leather straps on? That'd make it perfect when worn with a suit. Would endlinks help with the sharp edges?

I'm feeling that I'm swaying towards the DJ. The Reverso's price will probably not increase as much as a DJ within a year and will be more easily available.
Lord Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote