View Single Post
Old 15 December 2021, 12:05 AM   #67
WatchNutcase
Banned

Watch: Sub 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tomato View Post
When I say casual, it's probably more like smart-casual, as you mentioned. Formality wise, it won't be a problem if I change the straps. The thing with the Reverso is that it would work well with suits and tuxedos. I wouldn't wear the Datejust with a tuxedo. Yes, I've worn my Sub with a suit, but wouldn't wear it either with a tux. Dressing well is also an interest of mine, so there are some rules I don't break.

I've heard that JLC charges an extreme amount when it's time for servicing? I haven't serviced my Sub yet, so I don't know what servicing fees should cost.

Does anyone here wear their 36mm DJ with leather straps on? That'd make it perfect when worn with a suit. Would endlinks help with the sharp edges?

I'm feeling that I'm swaying towards the DJ. The Reverso's price will probably not increase as much as a DJ within a year and will be more easily available.
Many people put the DJ on leather and it looks great, maybe one of the best Rolex models to put on leather actually.

Rolex servicing is somewhere around the $800-1k mark, not sure about JLC.

Can't compare Rolex and JLC regarding value retention, as most of us know Rolex is king for that. The JLC will drop in value the second you buy it, unless it was some kind of tiny production number limited edition Reverso. The DJ will easily retain / increase it's value in the current market.
WatchNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote