View Single Post
Old 16 January 2022, 12:34 PM   #130
moting
"TRF" Member

Watch: addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore66 View Post
There are few if any NIB white dial 116500's for sale at any of the popular TRF trusted sellers right now. It could be that something has really shaken up their supply pipeline, or they've seen some crazy Chrono24 asking prices and have pulled their inventory offline to reprice it.

Chrono24 asking prices might indicate an up or down trend, but I don't believe that's where watches are actually trading. Chrono24 sellers figure if they've got someone who will pay them $55k for a 116500 that they'll be able source one and still make money.
I agree that Chrono24 prices are not a good representation of selling prices but as you said they give a good indication about market direction.
Also sorting prices from low to high, and looking at the cheapest prices is a better reflection of "real price" rather than looking at the most expensive listings. I have followed the cheapest listings for the 116500 white over the last few days, and most of them were marked reserved or sold shortly. I guess those remaining with "lower" prices are not real listings as we know that there are many "fake" listings and the dealers don't have the watch in stock or try to source it afterwards.
moting is offline   Reply With Quote