View Single Post
Old 22 January 2022, 11:03 PM   #73
Oryx
"TRF" Member

Agree with the other posts above - for me I have never had the urge to own a regular production Moonwatch. I did try to convince myself a few times but could never get over the line.

The 321 is a totally different proposition - the movement to start (the heritage and finishing takes this to a new level for Omega), the perfect case size and lugs, ceramic bezel and the hand assembled bracelet.

Everything about the watch exudes quality and its quite easy to notice that a lot of time and effort is spent on the (hand) assembley of the watch.

To me the premium over the regular Moonwatch is more than justified and the 321 competes against any of the other chrono’s in its peer group including the Daytona.

I don’t understand why this doesnt get more recognition - especially versus the Snoopy. Once collectors clue up on this (or John Meyer talks about on in a talking watches video) I can see the secondary market prices moving up aggressively to reflect how special and relatively rare this watch is.

Roger Smith (for me one of the greatest living watch makers) also talks very fondly about the movement in his talking watches video - which to me is a testament to the movement.
Oryx is offline   Reply With Quote