View Single Post
Old 12 February 2022, 05:22 AM   #101
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
Seems to me that all the earlier versions of the Aquanaut are doing pretty well; 5065, 5165 and even the diminutive 5066. I doubt that anyone who bought any of these, even 2 years ago, is complaining. All of those have doubled or tripled in price over that time period.
Agree.....^^^..... Not bad for a 36mm sport watch to do so well......

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
As long as the sport watch market is strong, Aquanaut and Nautilus will both have great value, irrespective of generation. But if the market takes a dive, then everything drops, Royal Oaks, Daytonas, Nautilus and Aquanauts will all be affected. Change in taste and trend may lead to this eventually. We saw Hublot, Panerai and Franck Muller all experiencing this fate. First to go will be Richard Mille - which is a little concerning because I’m really fascinated by their watches and keen to pull a trigger on one eventually.
I agree if the world market takes a dive everything goes.....

But someone here talk specific about 5167, that it will tank if the new version were to be release, how Instagram flexers will find something new and the market will turn......

He not talking about world financial markets, will turn for the worse..... If he did then I would have to agree the 5167 price will drop.....

The reason Hublot, Panerai and Franck Muller having problem is because their brand recognition is weak, overproduction, resell value, and etc......

If you talking about change in taste and trend may lead to this eventually....??

I doubt it..... Rolex, Patek, and AP are here to stay....... Even if the world financial markets crash.... Those 3 brands will offer higher resell value than any other brand...... I been there done that since the dotcom crash and housing crash......

Richard Mille might stay because their production is low and those watch is for the real rich people who got money to burn.... It a F*** Y** watch.....lol.....

If the world financial markets crash Rolex is the first to be flood on the secondary market because to many people have them......

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote