View Single Post
Old 15 February 2022, 08:24 PM   #2
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by taura View Post
Hi all,

Seeking advice on the large JLC Reverso Classic Monoface Small Seconds (3858520).

I want to add a dressier watch on leather to my small collection (Rolex Datejust, GS White Birch, some beaters). While I would love to add a Glasshütte Original for diversity (German/Swiss/Japanese, see?) and its awesome finishing, none of their current lineup feels right.

The Reverso is cool but the price seems very steep for a steel watch with such a simple movement. Also I wonder about the finishing - it doesn't seem to be comparable to GO, but I'm only able to view it at the AD with plastics on, which makes it difficult to assess. What do you think - is it on par with other brands at current prices (assuming 10 % discount or so), or would I be paying just for the history and "Swiss Made"? Pre-owned is not an option this time.

Just for reference, in my opinion most Rolex models at retail price are decent value and Grand Seikos very good to decent. GO is something different in terms of finishing but the sizes are mostly too large for me.
I'm a fan of JLC having owned a Reverso grande calendar previously but this iteration is a bit too simple for my taste. I'd go for the modern Small seconds w/sword hands which looks a bit more elegant & just a bit of je ne sais quoi. The one with blue, green or burgundy dial. My favourite is the green
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote