View Single Post
Old 6 March 2022, 05:43 AM   #30
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore66 View Post
I get it. I guess since I’ve been buying and wearing Rolex watches since the late 80’s it’s hard to wrap my head around the hype as it exists today. Maybe it’s a good thing though, as I’ve elected to give up the Rolex/PP chase for the time being and find new outlets for my watch interests. It really was fun to do a little research and then have a salesman actually “sell” me a watch based on how it was made and what makes it special, rather than how much it’s worth, or will be worth.
it's hard to put in perspective for sure. i got into watches right before everything went crazy (2017) but even then i knew i only wanted a rolex lol. i think it's normal to look elsewhere as your collection grows but a rolex is still a symbol of success to a lot of people that aren't exactly in it for the investment part (although that only helps their decision). it was the same in the 80s/90s and i'm sure those that wanted to celebrate success didn't want to settle for something else, only difference is there weren't crazy premiums back then
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote