View Single Post
Old 10 March 2022, 06:13 AM   #7
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewatchidiot View Post
This is a gorgeous piece. I tried but missed out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1971 View Post
A very, very interesting watch. The only thing that destroys the image of consistency is this second hand. Congratulations on your purchase, I could wear it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Mic Drop

Wow Wow Wow!!!

Love the thinness and high legibility.

Attachment 1278693
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicy View Post
Love it!
Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachum View Post
Congratulations! I really love this watch. The beautifully proportioned sector-dial layout, the clean yet casual numerals, the spectacular and unusual hands, and the subtle soldered lugs are just... *chef's kiss*.

My only criticism (and this is honest-to-goodness nitpicking) is the somewhat elevated placement of the sub-seconds dial, ostensibly resulting from the use of the Calibre 96 in the 39mm case (as this movement was designed to fit the L.U.C 1860's 36.5mm case). And just to be clear, I don't think I'd change a damn thing about this watch... I certainly wouldn't forgo the acclaimed Calibre 96 on this account, and 39mm is the perfect size for a "sporty" steel-cased watch.

Well done! Enjoy it and wear the hell out of it with the assurance of the QF certification!
No offense taken; this is my only criticism as well. You are spot on with the reasoning for the sub second placement. If I had my way, I would prefer this watch to be 37 or 38mm. I do get Chopard’s decision to go with 39mm though, the general public (outside of Asia) is still not onboard with sub 38mm watches.

I defined plan on putting it through its paces!

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote