View Single Post
Old 5 June 2009, 11:53 PM   #48
bahamadoug

Watch: DSSD
I really am very attached to my DSSD that I bought in late Feb 09. It has great presence and personality. However, I have growing concern about the ceramic bezel insert that I hear is very brittle and prone to shattering. I have also read in other posts that the insert can move around within the bezel metal housing!! I would have thought that the DSSD which is touted as being the ulimate dive tool watch (and certainly looks the part) would be reliably constructed in such a way as to withstand just about anything thrown at it. Deep sea divers don't need to be conserned with their equipment failing or being prone to easy damage. They can't be nursemaiding their watch which is one of the most important safety devices they have. Just imagine, one is at depth using your watch to time your dive and decompression ascent. You look at your watch to determine where you are with your dive and you find that the insert has dropped out or has shattered???!!!! Can anyone give us some comfort and reassurance that the DSSD is more robust than what we are hearing???? Any and all posts would be much appreciated. At this point I am even considering flipping my DSSD
bahamadoug is offline   Reply With Quote