View Single Post
Old 28 March 2022, 05:50 AM   #183
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
I guess the other way to consider it is for every legit LV bag you see, how many fake ones do you see? I see many. In the watch world, Rolex is the most recognized and also most counterfeited watch brand, and yet demand is still there. We’ve all heard of Rolex wearers being asked “is it real?”

It is possible that this move by omega does 3 things: (1) suddenly the world is aware of the Speedmaster, more attention on that model, (2) creates an aspirational hierarchy towards the real moonwatch, (3) protects a bit against counterfeit speedmasters because the MoonSwatch is already cheap.

2 & 3 don’t work together.

If 2 is true then there is a top model and people would counterfeit that model. The fact that the Moonswatch is already cheap, doesn’t impact the top of the line model so it wouldn’t act to protect against counterfeiting.

On the other hand if 3 is true and the moonswatch protects against people counterfeiting, you have to assume that the moon swatch is interchangeable with the speedy… in which case, there is not hierarchy created. Thus, 2 can’t be true.

Even faulty logic can’t save this train wreck for Omega. Great for swatch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote