View Single Post
Old 28 March 2022, 09:51 AM   #192
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
Can we be serious for a moment? THESE AREN'T MOON WATCHES! Good God people, these are Swatches with an Omega logo, that's it. This insanity is nothing more than the ultimate display of our hobby gone completely off the end of the earth.

It's a freaking piece of colored plastic with a $5.00 quartz movement. Period. End of story. It has zero intrinsic value.

You can call me a snob, or say I'm no fun. So be it. But I enjoyed my Saturday morning drinking coffee, walking the neighborhood and then cooking a dinner for friends later in the day. I was not standing in an absurd queue, wishing for an absurd watch which then I could hope to sell for an absurd profit.

If these people waiting in line really are hoping for a piece of horological substance, they are massively uninformed. I can see if they are looking for a cute collectible but really I think this is the manifestation of the madness that flippers and the Rolex market and culture have spawned.
No trolling but I think your post is absurd. There are so many /assumptions in your post that it reveals a lot more about your negativity towards all of this

No intrinsic value? In the time+tide video posted just now there was a girl who queued up and managed to get her 1st watch whilst her dad didn't manage to get in. You can see the emotion on her face as she queued for 10+ hrs & likely will remember this for the rest of her life

And does every watch have to be a masterpiece of horological value? That's just your definition, I've got AP's, Rolexes etc but I'm not so insecure that I have to wear these at every given point. I also like to wear beater watches (as a lot of people) that you can take to the gym or other physical activity something with and not treat with kid gloves
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote