View Single Post
Old 7 April 2022, 06:37 PM   #9
Ssupreme1995
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie1982 View Post
If you need a watch, buy one. If you are looking to get into 'trading' then you have come to the wrong place.

Come here to talk about watches, not buying and selling them. This forum is full of collectors, people who are passionate about watches. People with no interest in horology and use watches as a side hustle are a stain on this hobby, and quite frankly ruin it for true enthusiasts.

Leave the trading to the stock brokers.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!
No one “needs” a watch. If we needed one, we’d get a $10 one off Amazon. I want to continue building a collection but with this current market I need to make sure I get a good deal. A deal where I can sell or trade and get the same or more value. Quite often, I see on these forums x model for sale but not sure if it’s a fair price or not. I’m asking where people check actual market values vs 1-2 watches for sale here on the classifieds forum.
A watch (Rolex , AP, Patek), like Realestate or a classic car are an asset. They hold a value and prestige. The name Rolex is huge and I think paying the right price is very important whether holding, flipping or trading. Just important info that I think everyone wants to talk about.

HOW DO WE KNOW IF WE ARE GETTING A GOOD / FAIR DEAL? No different then me going to buy a car. I can plug in the VIN into KBB or carmax and get a value. Anything like this for watches?
Ssupreme1995 is offline   Reply With Quote