View Single Post
Old 8 April 2022, 01:08 AM   #24
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
I have an extensive Rolex purchase history at my AD, they also have Patek.

Last week I went in to discuss getting another Rolex or two. I told the SA that I want another full PM Daytona and a WG oysterflex. I already have a good collection of PM and SS on bracelet so I’d like an OF now. I mentioned that I would love an aquanaut. I don’t have any Pateks and the couple of times I brought up PP in the past I was politely shut down.

The SA I was dealing with this time happens to be the store owner. In a nutshell, she told me that I should be done with Rolex now and look to other brands like Patek. Well, I feel almost the same. By no means am I done with Rolex, but I definitely want to look further afield.

So fingers crossed for a 5968G or A. I expect the general feeling in here would be that my chances are next to none, but I think it will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 5968A would be more difficult as Patek has shifted production to more G models. My AD told me that he gets one of the three 5968s per year. So at best, he may get one 5968a every three years. Originally I was asking for a 5968a but changed my mind after I found out about the wait time.

Not sure Patek will look into your past purchase history as I was told that for the hot pieces, they may want to see that you have previous Patek purchases since the sports models are meant to “award” good Patek customers. But your AD probably knows best. Or maybe she is suggesting that you should start to build up a Patek profile to lead to a Nautilus or Aquanaut?

Good luck with your hunt. That’s part of the fun.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote