View Single Post
Old 8 June 2009, 09:27 PM   #54
BeeMee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT IIC
I always admired the Navitimer. It was one of the first larger watches, before many companies were selling big watches. I often considered buying one, but it was fairly thick. That was at a time when smaller, thin watches "were in".

However, when I heard that Breitling was going to discontinue the "Old" Navitimer, I decided to buy one. I purchased it with the leather band as I did not feel that a stainless band was worth an extra $1000 on a $3200 watch (the list price when I bought mine).

The Navitimer is pretty rugged. I have had a rubber band on the watch and wore it swimming and snorkling, but was very careful not to press on either of the pushers while the watch was wet. It held up just fine, but I think that for a watch that is waterproof rated, it should have a screw down crown, not just a push/pull crown.

I wore it regularly for a few years, but when I bought my TT Daytona, I switched back and forth between the Navitimer and the Daytona as my daily watch.

Now that I have my GMT IIC, the Navitimer and the Datoyna get less wrist time. I am sure that once the new wears off on the GMT, I will start switching between the Navitimer and the GMT as daily watches. I mostly wear the Daytona when I get dressed in slacks and a sport shirt.
Rolex Day-Date, Bark Finish (recently gifted to son #2)
Rolex Daytona, 18K/SS (recently gifted to son #1)
BeeMee is offline   Reply With Quote