View Single Post
Old 6 October 2006, 11:23 PM   #12
steve-o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue TT Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas View Post
Hi.. i am actually rather surprised by this restoration by swiss time services, as they are omegas vintage service centre in UK. The crown is wrong for this watch!!!! the crown they have used is from a bumper connie !!!!!
this is what a a real crown should be like:
http://www.freewebs.com/omegauk/seamastercalendar2.htm

Again the font used is completely incorrect too .. look at 'seamaster' at the before and after pics and at my example posted above.. this is wrong. The hands look wrong.. the central part of hands should have tritium like in my example.. and not be solid.

Please dont get too disheartened as i am talking about it from a collectors / originality point of view.. from that i dont think redial / restoration is particulalry good .. but if you arent a collector, then watch does look nice, and mecahnically it will be very sound and will have a 2 yr guarantee from omega... so do take my points with a pinch of salt.

Thanks for the great tips. I looked with a loop at what you said and realized they did not do as good a job as they should have....

Seamaster vs. Seanaster Can you believe it...an actual mis-spelling on the dial.

I called them via Skype today and they are going to take some action on it and the crown.

The hands with luminous material I'm not sure about as my dial indices do (did) not have any luminous material like the image of the seamaster calendar you linked to.

Thanks again for looking out for me.

Cheers,
Steve-O