View Single Post
Old 10 April 2022, 10:41 PM   #18
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qngo516 View Post
Did you start convo with “let me buy the Tiff blue Patek”?

Tiff is married to Patek, It seems safer to start relationship with Tiff than with AD elsewhere, to avoid getting rug-pulled.
My experience at SF Tiffany:

- talked to the Patek expert there and asked for a non-demand ladies watch. He went to the back to look for the watch and disappeared for a while. Meanwhile, I saw the exact watch in the case and pointed it out to him when he came back empty handed
- asked for availability of a 7118 and mind you that 7118 was not in high demand at the time. Told by store manager that they can allocate a Patek for me if I am a good customer. Asked about how can I be a good customer and was told most of their good customer have a spend history of $500000
- went in to the service department and tried to get one link on the 5711a taken out. The lady there said they cannot do it there and will need to take the watch and send to New York for sizing and it will take a couple of weeks

I was wearing an okay Patek every time I was there and never asked for some crazy hot model. And this was all before the recent craze. I cannot imagine how much you need to spend to get anything now. The staff was nice as any salesperson can be but do not strike me as someone who can educate me on Patek since the expert cannot remember the reference number properly.

BTW, I also went to Shreve for the 7118, they happened to have one in stock and the store director showed it to us and actually was willing to sell it to us if the only customer on the waitlist changed her mind. Of course it did not happen but at least he called back a few days later to let us know. He then agreed to put us down for the next incoming but after that, the craze kicked in and we never heard back from them anymore. This was almost two years ago. At least Shreve was able to size the Nautilius for me.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote