View Single Post
Old 10 April 2022, 11:39 PM   #36
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
In terms of case and bracelet finishing, the AE is every bit as nicely done as the RO ( and the Nautilus for that matter ). Moreover, Chopard's propietary Lucent steel used in AE is a distinct improvement, having a brighter, almost platinun like sheen to the appearance and the added advantage of scratch resistanc due to much improved hardness. I wear my AE very often and until now not a single hairline scratch.

Movement decoration RO is better but that's about it. If you like the looks, its a no brainer to get one. Its a lot of watch for the price.
Thank you for the detailed response, Ben!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeK View Post
The Alpine Eagle checked all the boxes for me. Almost bought it. I think it’s superb. Similar enough to others yet still very different.
What is stopping you from purchasing it, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds like it's a home run for you.

I'll be honest, I'm quite smitten with it now (I tend to go overboard with research/excitement when I find something I like and literally lose sleep over it...my wife thinks I'm crazy). The ONLY reason I haven't purchased is because I haven't seen it in person; the 3 Chopard AD's in my area don't have one in stock.

I'm very close to breaking my own rule of not buying a watch without seeing it in person. That has bitten me in the butt so many times before, but I also haven't fallen this hard for a non-Rolex in quite awhile.