View Single Post
Old 13 April 2022, 01:51 AM   #38
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zengineer View Post
Of course they are low cost quartz plastic case watches. I don't consider them junk because I am not comparing them to a steel case auto.

I don't need one and will only buy one if they become available online.

The reason for my interest is because I love Speedmasters, own several and see the MoonSwatch as a neat little wearable Speedmaster related trinket...nothing more. It's about the same to me as the scale model of a favorite car that I have on a shelf in my office.

It's $260 FFS, people spend twice that much on little leather travel cases for their 3 Rolexes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I agree 100%. I have been watching tons of reviews on YouTube and have been reading a lot of the watch reviews over the last couple of weeks. Everyone says the same thing. Let's just relax. It's meant to be fun and it's also meant to generate interest in watches among people who may have never bought a watch before, or who only think of something such as an Apple watch or Garmin. They are thinking that this could not only create renewed interest in watches, but it will also cause some wearers to like it enough to then aspire to want to purchase the real Speedy.

It's not meant to replace it, it's not going to cannibalize anything, it's nowhere even close to a real one, and that's not even the point. In fact, interest in the real Speedy has already increased because of this promotion. This is a cheap and fun watch and it feels just like it sounds. The reviewers all say don't even think about paying a penny over retail for it because it's soooo not worth it, plus it will be a regularly stocked item very soon. Also, they say you should look to replace the strap right away because it's crap.

I love stuff like this and I plan to get the Pluto to have fun with until I eventually get a real Speedy, after my Rolex collection is complete. We all take ourselves so seriously here in the watch forums. This is just pure fun.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote