View Single Post
Old 14 April 2022, 12:59 AM   #43
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Another integrated bracelet watch to try on, another bust for me (to go with the Zeny Defy earlier in the thread). Also saw Bell & Ross' integrated bracelet model but didn't try it on, as I knew straightaway that it wasn't to my liking.

Was never really a fan of this Piaget in pictures but the AD had one, so I tried it on. My impressions - dial is very bright and blue - almost cartoonish in nature, disliked the case shape and bracelet, and it definitely felt like a Nautilus copy. Again, don't mean to offend anyone that owns it, but just not for me.

I had put a deposit down on the Alpine Eagle at the Chopard Boutique in NY on Monday (I'm in CA and made numerous phone calls around the country), but wanted to see some other options first. The local AD did have a 36mm Alpine Eagle in RG and diamonds, so while not exactly what I'm looking for (), it was enough for me to say yes, this is the brand and watch for me. Will be paying off the rest of the AE later today and hope to see it come in tomorrow or Friday!